Snake Runner Release Notes
If you are looking for the upgrade instructions, see the following page: Upgrading Snake Runner.
- Bugfix for the incorrectly mounted repository directory in job containers.
Bug leads to the behavior when repository is mounted to
- Windows Support.
- The Shell executor added. Docker Engine is not mandatory for Snake Runner. Users can run pipelines without using containers. This is especially useful for Windows machines.
- The CI_SSH_KNOWN_HOSTS_FILE environment variable added.
- Advanced Host Keys.
- The runner was unable to process pipeline commands in scenarios where image with a specific
entrypoint was used. One of such images was
Runner now expands environment variables in the
variables: DOCKER_REGISTRY: myregistry.local/$CI_PROJECT_KEY/$CI_REPO_SLUG
CI_REPO_SLUGenvironment variables will be expanded upon the
- Add support for cloning Git repositories using HTTP(S) instead of SSH.
- Login to private docker registries with
DOCKER_*environment variables such as
- Support for Masked & Secret environment variables
- Now runner receives and recognizes a termination signal while being removed in Bitbucket’s admin panel. It leads to graceful shutdown of all running pipelines and stopping the process.
- Fix deadlock in shutdown process: runner was not able to gracefully shutdown in some cases.
- The SSH agent integration added. The agent is started once per pipeline and is available in each job container. It is automatically prepopulated with a unique access key to the repositories.
- Fix task cancellation.
New configuration parameter
dockersection. The parameter specifies a list of Docker volumes that will be passed to job containers.
Use case — passing Docker socket for building Docker images during job execution, for example:
docker: volumes: - /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock
Read more about this feature: Using Docker in CI.
Expand environment variables in
imagesection, now image can contain environment variables that will be expanded through pipeline execution.
image: $CI_REPO_SLUGwill be expanded into
- Improve error message regarding incorrect registration token.
- Do not require global
- Run jobs in parallel mode for each stage.
- Do not send duplicated status update requests.